Up in Flames

Creating my mandala-yantra hybrid was quite more tedious than I expected. However it was a good experience for character building. Symmetry has always been one of my biggest weaknesses so I avoided tracing anything, but I did enjoy the practice. I’ve had prior experiences with small scale mandalas similar to this, but I really put a lot of time into this creation. It’s funny, I really felt no attatchment with it at all. This can probably be attributed to the fact that I am use to getting rid of artwork, so it wasn’t as intense for me. Perhaps if it was a more large scale personal project I would have felt otherwise. Out with the old, in with the new really came into effect here because even though I burned it, I knew I could always recreate another one that is similar, if not better. Burning it to me was really more symbolic to bettering yourself by ridding of old aspects in order to reinvent and create space for new ones. My experience overall was perfectly positive, and I enjoyed seeing other’s experiences and artwork as well.

Before it's destruction
Before it’s destruction
Post-destruction
Post-destruction

One thought on “Up in Flames